Aly Zaker is a popular director and actor who has been a part of over 2000 renowned plays. This includes lead roles in Shakespeare's Macbeth and Tempest, Dewan Gazir Kissa, and Galileo which on Brecht's Puntila. He was also a part of Man Matti, Syed Shamsul Haque’s Nurul Diner Shara Jibon, Khatta Tamasha, Bidogdho Romonikul (based on Molière’s Les Femmes Savantes), Nishiddho Pollite (based on Edward Albee’s Everything in the Garden).
Acted in over 300 TV plays and serials. Notably Ghorshowarer Shopno, Pathor Deyal, Baki Itihash, Oboshor, Tothapi, Aj Robibar, Bohubrihi etc.
Appeared on more than fifty radio dramas.
*Adaptations of Molière, Brecht, Chekhov, Ionesco, Osborne and various plays of Shakespeare.
- Adaptation of plays by Moliere, Bertolt Brecht, Anton Chekhov, John Osborne, Carl Zuckmayer, Edward Albee, and various plays of William Shakespeare.
- Nirmol Jotir Joy’, a primary collection of essays. Drama essay collection and a memoir essay titled ‘Ekattorer Kolkata’.
- Published columns ‘Dharo Nirbhoy Gaan’.
- Autobiography ‘Shei Orunodoy Theke’.
- Travelogue ‘Dure Kache Shorgo Ache’.
- Regular columns and essays in major newspapers and magazines.